Do you use hair oils or know what the uses of them are? There are so many benefits of using oils for your hair. And really during the winter is when I love to use them. I’m going to share a variety of oils and the amazing benefits of them!
Oils I’ll be discussing:
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Argon Oil
- Jojoba oil
1. Starting off with coconut oil 🥥 If you don’t know about coconut oil and what it can do for your hair you are missing out girl! Coconut oil helps so much with moisturizing your hair and providing protein. Because it moisturizes the hair and adds protein… it prevents frizz, repairs damaged hair/ split ends, and adds shine. Ultimately your holy grail! The way I like to use coconut oil is by applying all over damp hair (including scalp) and letting it sit for at least 10 minutes. Like a hair mask, then rinsing it out when done. You can also mix coconut oil and water in a spray bottle and can spray it throughout your hair when styling, etc. This will help with staying frizz-free all day.
2. Up next is avocado oil. Avocado is my all-time favorite fruit! It has so many good benefits. Not only in your diet lol, but in your beauty routine too! 🥑 Here are a few benefits of avocado for the hair: it helps with breakage, moisturizes and strengthens the hair, reduces and controls dandruff. With avocado oil, many say that it is best used as a seal or protectant for the hair; applying a little on dry hair. But, if you don’t like applying oil to your hair when dry I suggest applying it to wet hair and let the oil sit in your hair for at least 10 mins.
3. The magic of castor oil! I swear by the growth of this oil. As it does take time to see drastic growth, over a few months you will definitely see progressive growth. I not only use it on my scalp for hair growth but as well for my eyelashes and eyebrows. 🍯 On facial hair, I try to apply the oil every day or every other day. If you have hair loss around the scalp I’d say to apply it at least twice a week. And in general if you are wanting to grow your hair, I like to rub it in my scalp when I do a hair mask of some sort since I’m having to rinse my hair out of whatever already.
4. One of the most popular hair oils…argan oil. What makes argan oil special? This oil is full of antioxidants, fatty acids, and it’s high in vitamin E. 💊 These rich ingredients help reduce hair loss & thicken the hair, reduce frizz, promote cell production, add elasticity and shine. If you’re nervous about putting oil on your hair because it’ll make your hair greasy, then you can apply the oil while your hair is still damp. I’d prefer to apply this oil while my hair is completely dry without applying it to my scalp.
5. Last but not least, I wanna tell you about jojoba oil. You may have heard about using jojoba oil for the skin but this natural oil is also so good for your hair. Along with other oils I talked about earlier, jojoba oil is full of vitamins like vitamin e, c, b, and other minerals.🍃 Jojoba oil is a super hydrating oil like coconut oil and compared to it, jojoba oil contains more minerals and vitamins that make it more moisturizing. Some other points, it’s a good product for reducing dandruff and hair loss. You can add this oil to your leave-in conditioner or to your scalp after shampooing.
Using oils on your hair takes your haircare to the next level and who isn’t striving for healthy hair? There are a number of oils that are amazing for your hair. Just the 5 I talked about alone work beautifully on all types of hair and the goals you are striving for!